Scangraphic Font-Software License Agreement
Not use for other Purposes; No Reverse Compiling
- You acknowledge that the software recorded on the enclosed media
(the "Font-Software") is the intellectual property of Scangraphic Prespress Technology GmbH and/or its several licensors. and/or its several licensors. The term Font-Software
shall also include any updates, upgrades, additions, modified versions,
and work copies of the Font-Software licensed to you by licensor.
The media itself is and shall remain the property of
- Subject to the terms and conditions hereof and upon payment of the
license fee, licensor grants to you a nonexclusive,
non-transferable right to install the Font-Software - limited to
the parts of it that you have been rendered access to at the time of delivery
or upon the appropriate payment - in a single location on a hard disk or
other storage device of up to five computers and/or one output device.
Provided the Font-Software is configured for network use, you may install
the Font-Software on a single file server for use on a single local area
network for either, or (but not both) of the following purposes:
You may also install the Font-Software on one home or portable computer.
However, the Font-Software may not be used on the secondary computer
by another person at the same time the Font-Software on the primary
computer is being used. You may not copy the Font-Software onto more
storage media than mentioned above, except for archival and/or backup
purposes only, in which case you may make one copy and are required to
copy all copyright and trademark notices incorporated in the data of the
Font-Software and to mark such copy with the same labels, including any
copyright and/or trademark notices, as to be found on the original media.
The same copy restriction shall apply to any data files delivered by licensor in conjunction with the Font-Software for giving
access to the Font-Software. Using the Font-Software on more than five
computers and/or one output device as described above is only allowed
if you have purchased the appropriate "multi-user license" (special price/
subject to availability).
permanent installation onto a hard disk or other storage device of
up to five computers and one output device
- use of the Font-Software over such network, provided that the
number of different computers on which the Font-Software is
used does not exceed five computers and one output device.
- You are only allowed to transfer or assign the Font-Software to a third
party if such transferee complies with all of the following conditions:
- The transferee confirms his consent to all terms and conditions of
Page 1 of 1, Font-Software License Agreement, June 1, 2001
No use for other Purposes;
No Reverse Compiling
this Font-Software Licence Agreement by signing the attached
- such signed transfer deed including your and the transferee's full
name and address is sent to licensor or
its local distributor, and
- you do not retain any copies of the Font-Software in whole or in
part and you refrain from any further use of it.
- Only for the purpose of outputting particular files may you take a copy of the font(s) you have used for such files to a commercial printer or other service bureau, and only if such service bureau has assured you that it has purchased or has been granted a licence to use the respective Font-Software.
- Embedding of the Font-Software into electronic documents or internet pages is only permitted in a secured read-only mode. Licensee must ensure that recipients of electronic documents or internet pages cannot extract the font software from such documents or use the embedded font software for editing purposes or for the creation of new documents.
Warranty and Limited Liability
- Subject to the exceptions set forth in subsections 1.3 and 1.4 above, you may not sell, lend, otherwise transfer or sublicense the Font-Software to any third party.
- Subject to the exceptions set forth in subsections 2.3 and 2.4 below you are not allowed to
modify, reverse compile or merge the Font-Software with other software programs,
- adapt modules thereof for your own developments, or
- put the software solutions embodied in the Font-Software to any commercial use other than operating your own computer or output
- Actions as described in paragraph 2.2 are only allowed if they are
indispensable to obtain the information necessary to establish interoperability
of the Font-Software with other software programs. This shall
only apply if such information is not made public or other-wise easily
accessible to you and you could not obtain such information from licensor or its local distributor. In such case you will
inform licensor in writing about which parts
of the Font-Software you will reverse compile.
- You may modify the Font-Software to satisfy your design requirements.
Such modifications are in every respect subject to this Font-Software
License Agreement. In this case you must request and receive from
licensor or its authorized reseller a Multi-User
license agreement for which an additional fee will be charged.
- licensor warrants that the Font-Software
meets the functionality and performance standards as outlined in the
user documentation currently valid at the time of the commencement of
this licence. This warranty ends 6 months after the day of delivery of the
Font-Software to you. Licensor will correct
substantial malfunctions occuring during this warranty period provided
that such malfunctions are reproducible and you give immediate notice
and sufficient description of such malfunctions to licensor. Such corrections will generally be incorporated into new
revisions of the Font-Software or, until the release of such new revisions,
into temporary versions, at licensor's discretion.
The correction may also be achieved by delivery of new versions of the
Font-Software (i.e. versions with additional functionality and/or enhanced
performance) in which case the warranty does not cover such additional
functionality and performance. In the event that you should need new
or modified hardware for the operation of such new versions, you may
only return the Font-Software and your money will be refunded.
- The foregoing states the entire liability and warranty of licensor or its local distributor, and any claims in excess
thereof, e. g. for idle time, shortfall of production, waste of material and
any other direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages are limited
to actions of licensor caused by gross negligence
- The licence granted hereunder shall automatically terminate, if you
fail to comply with the terms and conditions hereof.
- Upon termination of this Font-Software License Agreement, you agree
to either return or to destroy and refrain from using the Font-Software,
the media, copies and/or any modified or merged portions thereof.
- You agree to inform your employees or any other person having access
to the Font-Software and copies thereof, at your premises of the terms
and conditions of this Font-Software Licence Agreement and to ensure
that they shall strictly abide by these terms and conditions.
Seeligenstadt, October 1, 2004
Scangraphic Digital Type Collection