Software from FontLab 3.0 product line - professional PostScript Type 1 and TrueType
ScanFont 3.0 - a new product from the creators of FontLab.
With ScanFont 3.0 you can create a professional looking technically correct digital
font in minutes. If you don't want to create a font, just modify an existing one, you
can edit the characters, add some pictures, and even add your signature. You can draw
whatever you want (on paper clip with real tools or on the computer screen with virtual
tools). Click the mouse button a few times and you're done!
Do you want to reuse the old "bitmap" fonts that you cannot replace with modern
"outline" fonts, like Type 1 or TrueType? ScanFont 3.0 will do that for you. ScanFont
3.0 includes a very precise autotracing algorithm that is designed to work with
characters, so everything that you can print on paper or see on the computer screen in
Windows, you can transform into a high-quality TrueType or PostScript font.
The key features of ScanFont 3.0 are:
- High-quality fully customizable autotracing algorithm especially designed to handle
- Integrated bitmap and outline editors with more than 20 tools
- 100-level undo/redo bitmap and outline editors
- Automatic detection of characters and strings in a source image
- Support of most scanners through TWAIN interface
- Importing and exporting of fonts in TrueType and PostScript Type 1 formats
- Importing and exporting of individual characters in EPS format
- Metric and kerning editing module with customizable autospacing and autokerning
- Importing and exporting of font metrics files in PFM and AFM format
- Easy-to-use drag/drop interface
download trial version of the ScanFont 3.0.
ScanFont 3.0 requires following hardware and software configurations:
Hardware - PC computer with 486 or Pentium processor, at least 8
Mb RAM, VGA or better video system, HDD and mouse.
Software - Windows 3.1 and Win32s 1.30 installed; Windows 95; Windows
NT 3.51 or Windows NT 4.0